May 23rd Launch of Kia’s New EV3 Model

New electric crossover priced around $32,000.

The market for electric cars appears to be calming down following a period of continuous expansion. Nevertheless, Kia’s aggressive push with electric vehicles continues as planned, with additional models in development. The upcoming addition will be Kia’s most affordable zero-emission vehicle yet: The EV3. Unveiled as a concept last November at the Los Angeles Auto Show, it is now nearing completion for its official debut.

Fresh photographs reveal the finalized electric crossover before its official unveiling on May 23. The sharp design with vertical front and rear sections showcasing unique lights seen previously remains largely unchanged. It is highly likely that the EV3 will closely resemble the concept by 90 percent, with the remaining 10 percent incorporating larger side mirrors and the inclusion of door handles.

There is a possibility that Kia will make slight adjustments to the bumpers and provide various wheels, but the fundamental design concept will remain unchanged. The overall style is expected to resemble a smaller version of the forthcoming EV5/EV5 GT, which unfortunately won’t be available in the United States.

While these previews concentrate only on the outside, the Concept EV3 revealed everything in pictures displaying a simplistic interior with hardly any physical buttons. The upcoming final version probably won’t be as stripped down, particularly because Korean manufacturers continue to include traditional buttons and knobs in their newest vehicles, which is a relief!

Despite using the E-GMP platform from the larger EV6 and EV9, the upcoming vehicle is not expected to include an 800-volt system. Instead, reports suggest it will utilize a 400-volt configuration similar to the EV5. As a result, ultra-rapid charging abilities should not be anticipated. The EV5, which is not available in the United States, offers a 30 to 80 percent charge in 27 minutes, while the EV6 can achieve 10 to 80 percent in just 18 minutes.

Ever since Kia unveiled the concept in LA, it would be logical to introduce the EV3 in the United States. When the crossover was first revealed, global product team leader Min Woo Park mentioned to our sister site InsideEVs: “We’re still studying that.” According to Automotive News, last month it was reported that the model might be priced at approximately $32,000. In order to be eligible for the complete $7,500 incentive, it would need to be manufactured in North America.

According to sources, there are indications that the EV3 could potentially be manufactured at Kia’s factory in Monterrey, Mexico, alongside the upcoming K4 model. If this is the case, the initial price could drop to $24,500 with eligibility for federal tax credits. Even if production does not occur locally, customers may still qualify for the tax credit when leasing the vehicle.

Source: Kia

1 Comment

  1. Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and everything. But imagine if you added some great graphics or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this blog could definitely be one of the most beneficial in its niche. Awesome blog!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *